Chakra Healing: How To Open Your Solar Plexus Chakra
We thought about how to start this blog and while we felt that it would make sense to talk about the solar plexus chakra directly; we also felt the importance of telling things to our first time reader.
And so, we start again with a brief introduction about chakras- the swirling energy centres in the body that help one feel happier, stabler, and stronger. If the chakras are blocked, one can experience physical and emotional vulnerabilities. The imbalance doesn’t always mean suppression, a lot of times it mean extra activity too. For instance, the Solar Plexus chakra is associated with self esteems and digestion. An underactive or suppressed Solar Plexus chakra would mean that the person feels insecure or the metabolism is slow.
An overactive Solar Plexus chakra however would signify extremely active metabolism resulting in a thin frame and continuous hunger pangs. On an emotional level, it would mean that the person comes out to be arrogant.
In this blog, we will talk about the various solar plexus healing rituals that can help you open the solar plexus chakra just right.
Let us first look at understanding the solar plexus chakra.
Solar Plexus Chakra Basics:
- Location: Around the stomach area at the top of the abdomen
- Color: Yellow
- Element: Fire
- Associations: The solar plexus chakra is associated with confidence and digestion. If there is a blockage in the solar plexus chakra, it results in insecurity and low self-esteem. The person may constantly feel that they aren’t enough. Physical difficulties may include digestive discomfort and trouble with remembering things.
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing Rituals
Not a lot is required if you are looking at an answer to how to heal your solar plexus chakra. The Solar Plexus chakra has a lot to do with the life’s purpose and hence working on this chakra can significantly reduce your tendency to procrastinate. Whether it is a relationship, job satisfaction or the simple need to broaden your social life, a healed or balanced solar plexus chakra provides the much needed confidence and autonomy.
Talking about the solar plexus chakra healing rituals, well, let us have a look at them below:
Using Solar Plexus Chakra stones and Crystals to boost Healing
The gemstones or crystals have dedicated associations with each chakra. They can be used either in the ritual bath or guided meditations to boost the healing or balance of the specific chakra. You may also wear related gemstone jewellery or carry one in your pocket at all the times to help heal your solar plexus chakra.
The stones associated with the solar plexus chakra include:
- Amber: Amber stones are orange-yellow in colour and are linked to confidence and mental clarity. Use this stone if you are struggling to make decisions
- Yellow Tourmaline: A physically striking crystal, it is often used in detox rituals for the solar plexus chakra. It helps get rid of negativity in general.
- Citrine: It is a pale stone, sometimes known as the success stone too. Whenever your solar plexus chakra healing ritual is about personal empowerment, it will be citrine that will be used in it.
Yoga and Meditation as Solar Plexus Chakra Healing Rituals
One can begin with several minutes of deep brathing and once a certain level of relaxation and focus has been observed, the person can move onto a visualisation stage.
This is how you should proceed:
- Turn your attention towards the upper abdomen i.e. the location of the solar plexus chakra
- Visualise a round glowing sphere of yellow light in the centre of the upper abdomen
- Concentrate on it and visualise its energy getting wider and brighter
- After focussing for three to five minutes, let the energy dissipate throughout your body, take a few deep breaths and open your eyes
Child’s pose is the Yoga asana associated with the Solar Plexus chakra healing. This is how you should do it:
- Put a soft blanket or cushion under your knees.
- Kneel down, sitting on your heels
- Move your knees so they are hip-width apart.
- Lean down so your torso sits between your thighs.
Monitoring the Diet for Healing your Solar Plexus Chakra
A person is a product of what they eat and hence tweaking the diet to suit your chakra’s needs can go a long way in balancing it. Taking the case of healing the solar plexus chakra in specific, one can increase fiber intake and cut back on sugar and saturated fats.
The specific foods that can help with healing your solar plexus chakra are:
- Yellow bell pepper: given the color of the bell pepper and of course its richness in fibre and Vitamin C, the yellow bellpepper makes for a good solar plexus chakra healing food
- Brown rice: They are rich in complex carbohydrates and hence can be a good source of energy (sugar) for the body as against direct sugar intake
- Corn: Another bright, optimistic yellow food, corn can nourish the solar plexus chakra and give your well-being an extra boost. It is often the first solar plexus food mentioned in a beginner’s guide to chakras.
- Chamomile tea: While not strictly a food, chamomile tea has always been recommended to help treat a solar plexus chakra blockage. It can also settle an unsettled stomach.
Positive Affirmations for Healing the Solar Plexus Chakra
Affirmations are frequently used to increase self-esteem. As a result, virtually any positive statement can help to clear blockages in the solar plexus region. You may create specific sentences that communicate to the solar plexus chakra, though. These can aid in addressing underlying issues like lack of purpose or low confidence.
Try one or more of the following:
- “I am the embodiment of inner peace and confidence.”
- “I have high self-esteem and feel better about myself every day.”
- “We don’t need to be in control of everything in our lives.”
- “I'm powerful, and I am comfortable with that power.”
- “I feel motivated to pursue my purpose.”
- “I release myself from negative past experiences.”
- “I'm ambitious, capable, and ready to fulfill my purpose.”
- “I know I am worthy, good, and capable.”
- “I forgive myself for past mistakes, and I learn from them.”
- “The only thing I need to control is how I respond to situations.”
- Remember that you can be as creative as you like when it comes to affirming. Change, remove and add words as you see fit.
In addition, try putting your hand on the area of your solar plexus as you say your chakra-aligning affirmation.
So folks, this was it from our side for now. We will be back soon with another set of blogs on chakra healings and, of course, leading a happier, healthier life.