6 Ways To Easily Balance Your Sacral Chakra
The sacral chakra is located below the navel and is associated with the sex organs and the kidney. It is connected to the water element and is portrayed as a virbant orange colour, often represented by a six-petalled lotus flower. Many ancient Indian texts mention that the sacral chakra is governed by the Hindu Goddess Parvati who signifies fidelity, fertility, and power. The Sanskrit name for the sacral chakra is Svadisthana which means, “where your being is established”.
In this blog, in addition to understanding the 6 ways for sacral chakra balancing, we will also have a look at the signs to identify an imbalance in the sacral chakra. But, before that, let us understand the sacral chakra a bit better.
What does the Sacral Chakra do?
The Sacral chakra as mentioned above is linked to pleasure, sexuality, and job. The positive characteristics associated with it are:
- Sensuality, sexual intimacy and giving and receiving pleasure
- Creativity and uninhibited expression
- Birthing environments, and principle of non-permanence
- Healthy understanding of emotions
- Synchronicity with the environment
The negative characteristics associated with the sacral chakra are:
- Wounded emotions
- Keeping secrets
- Fear of judgement, getting into trouble
- Repression of emotions
- Inability to experience emotional or sexual intimacy
Signs of an Unbalanced Sacral Chakra
When we talk about imbalance, the chakras can be both suppressed or overactive. The signs of an overactive sacral chakra are as follows:
- feeling consumed by your emotions, as if drowning in them
- experiencing emotional ups and downs
- using escapism to avoid life
- showing obsessive affection that isn’t returned
- engaging in inappropriate expressions of sexuality
The signs of a blocked sacral chakra include:
- low libido
- lack of creative inspiration
Now that we have understood the signs of an imbalance sacral chakra, let us have a look at the six ways for sacral chakra balancing.
6 ways for Sacral Chakra Balancing
1. Include the Colour Orange in your life
Each of the chakras is associated with a different colour, for the throat chakra it is the colour orange. Thus, if you are trying to heal your throat chakra, try and surround yourself with the colour orange. You can also wear carnelian crystals- the beautiful orange stones that can become a part of your chakra balancing ritual too.
2. Go for chakra adequate Foods
We talked about surrounding yourself with the colour orange. One part of that is also in the form of eating things that are orange in colour. In addition to that, there are other throat chakra relevant foods too that you can include in your diet. These include:
- Nuts and seeds
- Sweet Potato
3. Yoga and Hip-opening Stretches
There is always a yoga pose associated with the balancing of a chakra. If it is the sacral chakra that we are talking about then all the yoga poses that emphasise on stretching and strengthening the hips and lower abs would work well. Baddha Konasana or the butterfly post is one of the best asanas associated with sacral chakra balancing.
This is how you do it:
- Sit with the soles of your feet touching each other
- Clasp your hands around your feet and bring your chest forward till you feel a slight stretch in your back
- Hold the position for roughly 30 seconds
- If you can, then focus on your breath for this time
- Exhale, and gradually go back to the initial position
- Repeat this for 3 to 5 times.
4. Chakra balancing Meditation
The sacral chakra balancing meditation revolves around the power of the carnelian gemstone. You could do without it but when you have the physical form of an object, it becomes easier to visualise it. This is how you should go about it:
- Hold the crysta in your hand, close your eyes and take three deep breaths
- Try and visualise an orange energy flow within
- Repeat this till you actually feel yourself believing it,”'I ask that the highest vibration of love and light connect with my highest self to clear all unwanted energy and any previous programming. I command this crystal to hold the intention of balancing my sacral chakra”
- Once done, lie on your back and place the crystal on your sacral chakra.
- Rest in this position for sometime
- Feel the orange glow within you
5. Get used to stillness
The sacral chakra deals with emotions and intimacy and both of these are the things that need stillness and mindfulness to bloom. Hence, if you are trying to balance your sacral chakra, try and accept your emotions as is and process them in a healthier, calmer manner.
Take some time out everyday and try and focus on the beauty of the world, the beauty of the people around you and of course, the beauty within. Think about the things you like or you don’t like and try and understand why you feel that way. This practise will help you get better cognizance of what you actually feel.
Goes without saying that journaling helps one connect with their emotions. Many of us find it hard to express ourselves and hence writing things down can provide us with the much needed catharsis. You can simply write what you are feeling or try and answering the following questions:
- Am I stimulating or fueling my creative passions?
- Am I happy with my sex life?
- What am I currently creating or giving to the world?
- What would feeling empowered in my creativity and sexuality look like?
Chakra balancing is a lifelong journey that won't happen overnight. But these practices can help your sacral chakra support you on the path to abundance, fulfillment, and creativity.