How to start your chakra balancing process with a Ritual Bath
Who doesn’t want balance in their life? No matter our life choices or preferences, we all want some stability and balance in our life. After all, our choices are a means to that balance too. We all know how a hot shower can relax and help us feel rejuvenated. We have also heard about the calming influence of crystals, the importance of essential oils, and the importance of balancing the chakras.
A ritual bath to help align the chakra is a significant part of the chakra balancing process. Soaking in water infused with crystals, essential oils, and herbs makes for a luxurious experience and can also be calming. Such ritual baths also provide you with some much-needed me-time, thus making the entire experience even more wholesome and giving.
Creating a Ritual Bath for Chakra Balancing
While it is always appreciated and preferred that your healer prepares the bath for you, the same can be done at home with a little guidance. We are sharing a framework for a customized chakra bath. You can fill in the specifics per your requirement for the relevant chakra.
Please note that you must carefully choose the crystals, the tea, and even the essential oils for chakra. A mix and match or a random combination may not have the intended impact. Hence, to begin with, we suggest that you should focus on one specific chakra balancing at a time.
- To begin with, add the suggested crystals to the bathtub before running the bathwater for your chakra balancing ritual. Also, make sure that your crystals are adequately cleansed prior. Finally, if your crystals are small, we suggest you place them in a cloth or mesh bag so you do not have to worry about losing them.
- Once the crystals have been placed adequately for your ritual bath, run the bathwater. Next, add a cup of Epsom or Himalayan salt. These salts are known for their relaxing and cleansing properties.
- The ambiance also plays a big role in making your chakra balancing ritual bath a success. You can either use colored light bulbs (corresponding to the chakra you are targeting) or light some candles and play soft, soothing music.
- Once the bathtub is filled to the brim, add 8 to 10 drops of the specific essential oils for chakra balancing. Then, swish the water to mix the oils adequately. At Kanya Life, in addition to the usual essential oils for chakra balancing bath ritual baths, we also have a dedicated travel spa kit so that you may indulge in this calming experience even while traveling. Just for clarification, the Kaya Travel Kit consists of body oils that can be used post-shower as a body lotion.
- In case you want to add herbs to your ritual bath experience, make a strong herb tea instead and add that concoction to your ritual bath water. If you want to sip this herbal tea- that is fine too.
- Now get into your chakra balancing ritual bath and relax. Think of the happy moments in your life or take a quick nap but relax- that is what the entire experience is about.
- If you want to take your chakra balancing experience to another level, you can try wearing clothes the same color as the chakra you are trying to balance post the bath and throughout the day. You can even eat the food of the same color too.
Chakra balancing ritual bath essentials for each Chakra
Before we end this piece, let us look at the ritual bath essentials for each chakra.
Chakra Balancing Ritual Bath essential for Root Chakra
- Focus: Spine/Glandular System
- Signs of the chakra being unbalanced: Self-centredness, Extremely low self-esteem
- Signs of a balanced chakra: Grounded, Acceptance
- Color: Red
- Essential Oils best suited for the chakra balancing ritual bath: Vetiver, Cedarwood, Cypress
- crystals: Black tourmaline, Ruby
- Herbal Tea: Ginseng/Dandelion Root
Chakra Balancing Ritual Bath essential for The Sacral Chakra
- Focus: Private parts
- Signs of the chakra being unbalanced: Extreme sensitivity, Emotional imbalance
- Signs of a balanced chakra: Creative surge, Sexual balance
- Color: Orange
- Essential Oils best suited for the chakra balancing ritual bath: Jasmine, Ylang Ylang
- crystals: Orange Calcite, Aragonite
- Herbal Tea: Cinnamon bark
Chakra Balancing Ritual Bath essential for The Solar Plexus Chakra
- Focus: Pancreas
- Signs of the chakra being unbalanced: Judgemental, Overthinking, Anxiety
- Signs of a balanced chakra: Improved self-esteem
- Color: Yellow
- Essential Oils best suited for the chakra balancing ritual bath: Helichrysum, Ginger
- crystals: Citrine, Tiger’s Eye
- Herbal Tea: Mint or Ginger
Chakra Balancing Ritual Bath essential for The Heart Chakra
- Focus: Thymus
- Signs of the chakra being unbalanced: Fear of rejection, inability to express and emote
- Signs of a balanced chakra: Unconditional love for others and self, compassion
- Color: Pink
- Essential Oils best suited for the chakra balancing ritual bath: Rose, Lemon Balm
- crystals: Jade, Rose Quartz
- Herbal Tea: Licorice
Chakra Balancing Ritual Bath essential for The Throat Chakra
- Focus: Thyroid
- Signs of the chakra being unbalanced: self-righteousness, uneasiness in speaking
- Signs of a balanced chakra: Content, cognizance of self, confidence
- Color: Blue
- Essential Oils best suited for the chakra balancing ritual bath: Geranium, Lavender
- crystals: Blue calcite, Turquoise, Aquamarine
- Herbal Tea: Lemon-turmeric mix
Chakra Balancing Ritual Bath essential for The Third Eye Chakra
- Focus: Pituitary
- Signs of the chakra being unbalanced: lack of discipline, randomness in lifestyle
- Signs of a balanced chakra: strong focus, intuition
- Color: Indigo
- Essential Oils best suited for the chakra balancing ritual bath: Sandalwood, Clary Sage
- crystals: Moonstone, Lapis Lazuli
- Herbal Tea: Jasmine, Schizandra Berry
Chakra Balancing Ritual Bath essential for The Crown Chakra
- Focus: Pineal
- Signs of the chakra being unbalanced: constantly exhausted, depression
- Signs of a balanced chakra: calmer mind, structured thoughts, higher awareness
- Color: Violet
- Essential Oils best suited for the chakra balancing ritual bath: Frankincense, Blue Chamomile
- crystals: Amethyst, Lepidolite
- Herbal Tea: Astragalus root, Lavender