Music For The 7 Chakras: Guide To Chakra Healing With Sound
Everything that exists on this planet, be it the living or the non-living being is made of atoms. These elements hold vibrations inside them, entropy as it is known in the scientific terms. This energy is responsible for the movement, the changes that one sees and as it dies down, so does the thing or person concerned.
In words of Pythagoras,”Each celestial body, in fact, each and every atom, produces a particular sound on account of its movement, its rhythm or vibration. All these sounds and vibrations form a universal harmony in which each element, while having its own function and character, contributes to the whole.”
Talking in the spiritual terms, these energy centres are known as chakras. Each of these chakras resonates, both with the ambiance as well as the internal thoughts and frequencies. This resonance causes balance or imbalance of the chakras.
While there are multiple ways to balance a chakra, one extremely effective way that yields almost instantaneous results is through music.
In this blog, we will talk about how to heal chakras through music, the musical instruments connected with the chakras, and the impact of the vowel sounds.
So, let’s begin!
How to Heal Chakras with Music
Each of the seven chakras, just like music are associated with musical vowel i.e.e the sounds of C,D,E,F,G,A and B.
- The root chakra for instance is energized by C, the solar plexus chakra by E, the naval chakra by D, the heart chakra by F, the throat chakra by G, the third eye chakra by A, and the crown chakra by B.
- Each of these sounds helps in healing of the organs related to the respective chakra. On a pscyhological level, each of these sounds helps soothe the emotion respective to each chakra too.
- Similalry, there are dedicated musical instruments associated with each sound and chakra as mentioned.
Let us have a look at them below:
- The root chakra is associated with drums, tabla and similar instruments. Listening to their strong beats regularly help awaken the root chakra
- The naval chakra is associated with the instruments like trumpets, pipes, guitars and the likes. Basically, if the instrument works by modulation of the wind, it will help awaken the sacral chakra
- The solar plexus chakra is stimulated by string instruments like violin, guitar, and cello. The solar plexus chakra is situated in the region surrounded by organs like the stomach, liver, and pancreas- all of which are pouch like and hence the instruments that activate it are also similar.
- Next comes the heart chakra which resonated with string instruments like the harp, and the piano. Since is the seat of love in the body, and we have the proverbial “strings of the heart”, the instruments associated with it are also string instruments.
- The throat chakra which is associated with speech and expression of emotions is awakened by the flute and other similar wind instruments.
- The third eye chakra is activated by the sound of bells, chimes, and synthesizers
- Lastly, the crown chakra gets energized by the sound of the conch shell.
Chakra Balancing Using Vowel Sounds
In addition to the instruments mentioned above, chakra healing can be done through the sound of vowels too. These vowels can be practiced individually, with your partner or in a group too. If done alone, it has an impact on you alone. When practiced with a partner, the sounds bring alignment in a relationship making it more harmonious.
While practicing the vowel sounds, you can use your natural tone, i.e. the characteristic pitch of your voice. All you need to do is to focus on the sound.
To practice the sound, you should sit cross-legged on a carpet (never on the floor directly to prevent earthing of the energy). You can also sit on a chair if you want, just make sure that your spine is erect at all times.
Start making the sound by elongating it. For instance, the AH sound is associated with the heart chakra. When you will elongate it, it will sound as AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…..hhh.
For easy reference, sharing the vowels associated with each of the chakra below:
- Root Chakra is associated with the UUH sound which sounds similar to the sound in the word Cup. It is a very low guttural sound that rides gently on the breath
- The Sacral chakra is associated with the sound OOO as in “you”. It is a higher pitched deep sound
- The Solar Plexus chakra is associated with Oh as in “Yellow”.
- The Heart chakra, as mentioned above resonates with the sound “Ah”
- The throat chakra resonates with a higher pitched Eye as in the word my
- The third eye chakra is energized by AYE as in “Say”
- The seventh chakra or the crown chakra is associated with EEE as in the word “me”
So friends, that was it from our side on how music can help soothe and heal your unbalanced chakras. Do practice and let us know how you felt!
You know where to reach us!
Have a happy life! Be Blessed!!