How Essential Oils Can Be Used To Balance Your Chakra
The word chakra means wheel or disc through which the energy enters and leaves the body, and hundreds of energy centers are located throughout the body. But the most important are the 7 main chakras that run vertically along the spine from the base at the zone up to the top of the bone.
Think of each chakra as a puzzle that, when put together, will create a perfectly balanced human being. But chakra balancing is quite a difficult task. We constantly need to work on balancing the seven chakras to reach the ultimate goal of enlightenment.
With that in mind, let us first look at the chakras that we have, understand the basics and then move on to the balancing part of it.
To begin with, the seven chakras are as under:
- Root chakra or Muladhara
- The sacral chakra or Swadishthana
- Solar plexus chakra or Manipura
- The heart chakra or Anahata
- The throat chakra or Vishuddha
- The third eye chakra or Ajna
- The crown chakra or Sahasrara
What does Chakra Imbalance Mean?
Chakra balancing means that the energy centers of the body are not in place which in turn implies a lack of physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. When one or more of your chakras are blocked or imbalanced, it can disturb your quality of life, causing problems to your mind and body. But don't worry; there are many ways through which you can align and balance your chakras and thus help your mind and body to function correctly in rhythm with the universe.
But how can one achieve chakra balancing? Out of the multiple ways available, one is through ritual baths. Now, ideally, ritual baths aren’t a process in themselves. They are more like a step in the entire balancing process.
Essentials oils for your Chakra Balancing
Essential oil therapy, whether through massage, bathing, or aromatherapy, has long been used by practitioners to treat chakra imbalances. The excellent properties of essential oils help calm and soothe chakra vibrations, stimulating energy flow to and from the specific chakras and helping to balance any imbalance that may have occurred in the course of life. This blog will help you with a list of essential oils you can use for your chakra Balancing.
Now let us look at the essential oils that are used to balance your chakras. Also look at the 11 best Essential Oils For The 7 Chakras.
Essential oils for Balancing the Root Chakra
The root chakra is located at the base of the tailbone, drawing energy from the ground and forming a connection to the earth. Each chakra relies on other chakras to function to their total capacity. A balanced root chakra will help you keep grounded and provide a sense of security and stability. When using essential oils for your root chakra balancing, select oils that will help you keep grounded and calm while also uplifting your mood
- Patchouli- This herbaceous and earthy oil has a beautiful grounding effect. Patchouli oil can help you feel at ease, joyful, and confident, especially when you are going through a difficult time. Due to these benefits, patchouli essential oil is excellent for calming an overactive root chakra.
- Vetiver- This oil is excellent for easing feelings of restlessness, frustration, or anxiety. Experiencing these feelings can disrupt your ability to focus and be productive in your daily life. Vetiver oil is supposed to calm those feelings and is an overactive root chakra.
- The other essential oils for your root chakra balancing are: Myrrh, Cedarwood, Spikenard, and Nutmeg.
Essentials oils for Sacral Chakra Balancing
The solar chakra is the center of passion and creativity in the lower abdomen near the navel. It allows you to explore what you truly want and create intimate relationships. To balance your sacral chakra, use oils that inspire feelings of creativity and passion.
- Rosewood- This essential oil has a sweet, woody, and floral aroma and is said to provide a relaxing yet stimulating experience. Rosewood oil is also known as an aphrodisiac, but it can also calm the mind, body, and emotions. This essential oil relieves anxiety or stress and helps connect more with your feelings.
- Cinnamon bark-. Cinnamon Bark oil's spicy scent is a great way to energize and stimulate. Such effects are excellent for alleviating feelings of sadness, timidity, or anxiety. Cinnamon Bark is also perfect for increasing libido, growing desire, and nourishing and strengthening intimate relationships.
- Ylang ylang- this essential oil is famous for its Aphrodisiac properties, and it can stimulate sexual energy while also calming emotions that may cause you to fear intimacy or passion. Ylang Ylang essential oils can also help to replace feelings of insecurity with feelings of self-love, confidence, and joy in the little things.
- Other essential oils for your sacral chakra balancing are clary sage, sandalwood, jasmine, and orange.
Essential oils for Solar Plexus Chakra Balancing
The solar plexus chakra is located a few inches above the navel and extends up to your sternum. This chakra is the foundation of your identity and personality and is responsible for connecting you to emotions like willpower, self-esteem, and self-discipline. A balanced solar plexus chakra allows you to control your thoughts, overcome fears, and make more informed decisions. Choose oils that promote healthy digestion and encourage feelings of self-confidence and motivation to balance your solar plexus chakra.
- Juniper berry - This oil can help activate your solar plexus chakra by increasing circulation through your body and other organs and freeing up restricted energy. This lightweight oil can help restore emotional balance, promoting love and peace while strengthening your sense of self-worth and confidence.
- Grapefruit essential oil- This oil is excellent for balancing your solar plexus chakra by supporting proper digestion and helps in regulating your appetite. Grapefruit oil has a light, fresh and fruity aroma, stimulating more energy and decreasing feelings of stress, moodiness, irritability, and lack of self-confidence.
- Other essential oils for solar plexus chakra - are spikenard, black pepper, lemon, Ginger Root, and rosemary.
Essential oils for Heart Chakra Balancing
Located in the center of your chest, the heart chakra is the center of love, compassion, and affection for yourself and others. When your heart chakra is balanced, it can help you stay connected in romantic and platonic relationships. Chose essentials oils that can help promote feelings of love, compassion, and forgiveness
- Rose -Rose essential oil is well-known for its soothing properties, and it helps open your heart chakra, allowing you to love more unconditionally. Rose oil can improve your ability to love and nurture yourself, especially if you are experiencing emotional heartbreak. It can also improve your interpersonal relationships by encouraging healthy relationships and eliciting more excellent honesty, desire, and respect.
- The neroli- Neroli essential oil can help stimulate an underactive heart chakra, bringing feelings of unconditional love and joy. This soft and soothing floral oil can aid in the healing of broken hearts caused by emotional pain or sadness. It can help you open your heart to love yourself and others more freely. Neroli oil is wonderful for promoting feelings of joy, peace, confidence, strength, and courage and bringing more energy, hope, and fertility to your relationships with others.
- Jasmine, copaiba, lavender, and chamomile are some other essential oils for chakra balancing.
Essential oils for Throat Chakra Balancing
It is located in the center of the neck, extending down to the heart and up through the shoulders. The throat chakra has a strong connection with the sacral chakra. When your throat chakra is balanced, it allows you to communicate and express yourself effectively and with conviction. Choose essential oils that promote communication and honesty.
- Geranium- This oil helps to provide a calm environment that can make you feel safe and secure. Geranium oil allows you to express your thoughts honestly and efficiently. The oil can also increase your ability to have intimate conversations with others.
- Cypress, peppermint, and eucalyptus are some other essentials oils you can use for your throat chakra balancing
Essential oils for your Third Eye Chakra Balancing
The third eye chakra, located between your brows, is responsible for how you perceive the world around you. This chakra is your link between the outer world and your mind. To balance your third eye chakra, choose essential oils that promote clarity of mind and greater focus.
- Lavender- This is also known as the universal oil, and it can help treat some of the physical ailments of an imbalanced third eye chakra. Lavender oil is also used to calm your inner mind.
- Frankincense Serata, sandalwood, and lemon are other essential oils for your third eye chakra balancing.
Essential oils for your Crown Chakra Balancing
Located at the crown of your head, this is where your personal consciousness meets your universal consciousness. Choose essential oils to balance your crown chakra that can enhance meditation and support spiritual connections.
- Sandalwood - This essential oil is fantastic for calming an overactive or chaotic mind, allowing you to focus more on meditation and your connection to the universe. Sandalwood oil can help you find your inner peace.
- Other essential oils you can use for your crown chakra balancing are cedarwood, vanilla, rose, and neroli.
When your chakras are balanced, they provide emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual benefits. Each chakra is connected with your other chakras, and imbalance in any one of your chakras can also affect the balance of your other chakras. Using essential oils in the healing rituals can restore balance to your energy centers and heal your mind and body.